STATEMENT: More Florida Local Elected Officials Endorse Gillum for Governor
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Andrew Gillum for Governor Campaign released the following statements today:
“Mayor Gillum has firsthand experience managing our state’s most crucial and demanding problems and he understands the problems our cities face after years of Republican rule. As Mayor of Tallahassee he has continuously advocated for revitalized public education, increased access to affordable health care and early childhood education, and been a tireless advocate for common sense gun laws. We know that as Governor, he’ll continue fighting for our communities.”
This is a joint statement from:
- Former Miami-Dade County Commissioner Betty T. Ferguson
- Miami-Dade School Board Member Dr. Steve Gallon, III
- Greenacres Mayor Joel Flores
- Belle Glade Mayor Steve Wilson
- Pahokee Mayor Keith W. Babb Jr.
- South Bay Mayor Joe Kyles
- Opa Locka Vice Mayor Joseph Kelley
- Vice Mayor of Florida City RS Shiver
- North Miami Councilman Phillippe Bien-Aime
- Miami Gardens Vice Mayor Dr. Erhabor Ighodaro
- Miami Gardens Councilman David Williams Jr.
- Miami Gardens Councilwoman Lisa C. Davis
- Belle Glade Commissioner Johnny Burroughs Jr.
- Pahokee City Commissioner Benny L. Everett III
- Pahokee City Commissioner Clara Murvin
- Miami-Dade Councilman, District 15 Sub-Area 154, Councilman Johnny G. Farias
- Former Neptune Beach Mayor Harriet Pruette
“Throughout Florida, cities are hurting from the damage done by 20 years of Republican control in the Governor’s mansion and the legislature — and their leaders know all too well that we need a change in 2018. Local elected officials know the needs of their communities better than anyone else, and I am honored to have the endorsements of these dedicated Florida public servants.” — Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum