STATEMENT: Gillum Announces New Round of Endorsements
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum released the following statement and list of endorsements today.
“I’m deeply honored to have such strong support in Daytona Beach and Volusia County. These elected officials know that now, more than ever, our working people need progressive solutions to truly address the issues facing their constituents,” said Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum.
- Volusia County Council Member At-Large and former State Representative Joyce M. Cusack
- Mayor of Daytona Beach Derrick Henry
- Mayor of Palatka Terrill Hill
- Daytona Beach City Commissioner Dannette Henry
- Daytona Beach City Commissioner Paula R. Reed
- Orange City Council Member Evelyn D. Robinson
- DeLand City Commissioner Jessica Davis
- West Volusia Hospital Authority Commissioner Barb Girtman
Gillum spoke to the Volusia County DEC on Monday. He is the most viably progressive candidate for Governor in Florida’s history. He has plans to make healthcare more affordable through Medicare for All, increase spending on education and workforce training through a corporate tax adjustment, and raise the minimum wage in Florida to $15 an hour. He has helped high school students get registered to vote in the aftermath of the Parkland tragedy, been sued by the gun lobby twice and won, and has the “best gun-control cred” according to POLITICO Florida’s Marc Caputo.